Saturday, June 7, 2008

Rockets!!!

This morning the Cub Scouts got to make and launch bottle rockets. Aside from it being in the low 60's they had a pretty good time. The turn out was low --probably due to the weather--playing with water at the park is suppose to be a summer activity not a late winter early spring activity.... Anyway because there were not too many scouts Nathan was also able to make one. He was very pleased by this. Tyler got third place with a rocket that stayed in the air for 6 and a half seconds---it splashed water all over him, but he didn't seem to mind.

While I was bottle rocketing with the boys Matt was running the Draper Trail Days 15 mile trail run. He got second place! Way to go Matt! He won his first ever cash prize...$25... It paid for a nice lunch date..Matt was so nice to share his earnings with me.

Luckily the day did warm up some...I think we made it up to 70 degrees today. One positive note about the weather ..Our lawn is looking greener than it ever has!

5 comments:

Travis said...

Rockets!! I love rockets!

Lindy, you have a great looking family. Sounds like you are doing well.

Travis.Christensen@yahoo.com

Kimberly said...

Lindy, I have nothing to say; I am trying out the new picture I put on my profile, to see if it shows up next to this comment. Well if you're like me, you love to get ANY comments, regardless of whether they say anything. Yes?

Kimberly said...

oops, didn't work. How about now?

Lindy said...

Love it! Love you and kitty. Travis !!!Hello!!

Travis said...

yup, long time no see. Kimberly told me about yours and Jans blogs. So, I thought I would drop in and say hi.