

So I spent this last week at Girl's Camp, not just as a spectator, but as the director. We had 16 girls and luckily for me I had six other adult leaders. What a fun time we had! We had amazing weather..just perfect actually..considering just weeks before there was still a foot or two of snow on the ground. We didn't freeze or fry. Lucky for me the girls in our group are amazing and wonderful. If you can believe it we were gone for four days and not once did the girls fight. They didn't give us any grief..isn't that wonderful. They even stopped singing and talking in their tents when I asked them to at 12:30am. Since there were so many leaders I was able to delegate out the food (buying, cooking, cleaning, etc.)..again lucky for me. The first day the girls screamed every time they saw a bug, but --thankfully--they got over that pretty quick. We were able to canoe on a little pond, hike, do archery, and even go on a zip line. It brought back many great memories of going to girls camp when I was a teenager. I loved it then and I love it now. We ate great food, s'mores, dutch oven, told crazy stories, did silly skits, built two one match fires (without lighter fluid!), did crafts and service projects, and shared testimonies around the campfire. The girls looked beautiful with dirty toes, hair, and faces...totally free of "worldly" concerns for a few days. What a blessing it was to be able to spend that time with them!
2 comments:
Camp Director!? Sounds super FUN & very STRESSFUL! Glad you had a great time - it's the perfect calling for you!
You are the perfect person to be camp director. So glad everything went so well!
Post a Comment