Sunday, May 24, 2009

ABQ

Last weekend Jacob and I flew down to Albuquerque for a quick weekend visit to see my nephew Brian graduate. Crazy!! I can't believe he is old enough to graduate. It just made me realize how close we are to Jacob's graduation. We had a lot of fun and got to spend some fun times with family. The trip wasn't long enough to see all of our friends or go to Brian's Eagle court of honor:( But we were glad to be able to fit in what we did considering that it's May. We snuck the trip right between Jacob's AP test and orchestra concert.
So now it's off to UNM for Brian. I told him to enjoy the last summer he has before "real" life sets in. It's great that Jacob and Brian are such good buddies. And even though their birthdays are only about 14 months apart I am glad they are two years apart in school....I'm not ready for Jacob to graduate yet.And, of course, no trip to ABQ would be complete with out at least something to do with ballooning. While we were there the balloon museum was celebrating the soon to be released
Disney film "UP". We sat and watched this amazing balloon twisting artist for at least 30 minutes. He could do a lot more then your standard sword and flower.
It was a great mini-trip..a great break in the hubbub that May has to offer. I ate lots of good food, spent some great time chatting with my family, drank too much Dr. Pepper, didn't run enough, felt old when I couldn't even recognise a high school friend due to grey hair, and got to spend some time hangin' with my cool teenage son. So, even though it's taken me all week to catch up, I'm glad we were able to go. And here's a special thanks to those friends and family members who helped me juggle everything here while I was gone!

2 comments:

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

AHHHH Albuquerque. Such memories. Did you have Dions? I miss Dions. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I like visiting there. What fun!!!!

Audrey said...

Lindy, I'm glad you got this blog up. good job! It was really fun to see you yesterday. Good luck with everything going on in your busy life right now.