Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Monster

The Monster Band Concert that is. On Tuesday night Tyler had this band concert with 230 students from several elementary schools. They did a good job for being beginners. I think Tyler had a lot of fun with it. The whole concert was a parody on Star Wars. Fun stuff.
Tonight was Tyler's school carnival....which we found out about at 4:15 today (ya we found out about the monster concert at 3:30 Tuesday...something about how this kid works...good thing we didn't have concrete plans for either night). Since Matt and Jacob were going to see the new Star Trek movie and Miranda was going to see a play at the high school with friends I took Tyler, his buddie Brian and Nathan and had fun at the school carnival. The weather was nice and the kids had a lot of fun. The especially enjoyed eating the snow cones.
Last Friday Tyler graduated from the D.A.R.E. program. It's an anti-drug program that the schools put on. It's to help the kids make the choice now to stay away form drugs. Here he is after the graduations feeling special hangin' with his friend Mckay. I am so glad that so far my kids are making wise decisions in that regard and with friends too. They are so awesome!!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Yea, I have kids that like to tell me things at the last moment too, and at times a husband.