Tuesday, May 5, 2009

His first true love....

These are the photos we got from Jacob's seminary prom. His date was Mandy Ensign. He went with a large group of friends, but they took the photo with just three couples: Stevie and Tasha, Jacob and Mandy, and Adam and Cassie. What a good looking group of kids! But this is the photo with his first true love. This week our lucky son finally got his new trombone. He is one happy camper! He has been trying to wait patiently for months as the trombone worked it's way here via boat from Japan. He thought it was funny when the instructions were printed in Japanese first and then in English. This is a professional level "F trigger" trombone--the Yamaha Xeno and it will be the last one mom and dad pays for. Hopefully it will get us one step closer to a music scholarship.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I've said it before... you've got yourself a gem in that kid. Awesome trombone, Jacob, and great post, Lindy!

angela michelle said...

that top picture is adorable!

Julie Smith said...

We have a trombone quite like that at our house, but unfortunately ours belongs to the school. Aaron actually has his own trombone but it doesn't have a cool F-trigger. Ah well!

Lydia said...

How fun are those old school dances.

Horsley News said...

I played trombone from 4th-10th grades and never heard of an f trigger and can't even read the bass cleff anymore. I'm sure Jacob won't follow my example. Hope he gets that music schollie.

John

Anonymous said...

that's such a cute picture!!!

Cox Clan said...

What a gift music is. I'm not gifted with it, but I love to see others develop and share that gift. He seems like a great kid. What a blessing.