Wednesday, April 29, 2009

busy week(s)

Ahhh finally!!! I am finally getting a free minute to update you all on our wonderful going ons. We are headed into May--the crazy, busy last month of the school year. This is when having 4 kids in 4 different schools takes up way too much time. Be prepared. This month is filled with concerts, plays, games, outings and all sorts of other what-snots. I know it's only April, but the chaos has already begun. Here's what my hatchlings have been up to:
Jacob:
Well, Jacob finally went to his first school dance. It was Seminary Prom-a girl ask guy dance. He went with a good friend and they had a great time. Sadly, I have no pictures of the great event yet. Can you believe the nerve of the kid? He wouldn't bring his date back so I could take a picture. They did get pictures taken at the dance though. Jacob has been quite busy with all of his band stuff. The Jordan High Wind Symphony, Orchestra, and Jazz Band have all made it on to State. He also gave his last performance for this year in the Jordan Symphony Orchestra on Monday night. They did a great job. He had a lot of fun with the symphony this year. His band director from the school was also one of the symphony directors and his buddy Adam was in it with him. Here are those cute boys after Monday night's concert. You can tell Jacob is feeling a bit smug though..not because he's looking so handsome with a bow tie and all, but because for one brief moment..thanks to the ramp they are standing on...he is taller than Adam.
Miranda:
Last week was one of Miranda's busiest yet, but I think it was also one of the best. On Tuesday she got to miss the entire day of school for the State History Fair. The project that she did with her friend Mikayla was on Clara Barton. They place third at the regional fair. They didn't place at State, but they did have fun hangin' out with their friends at the U of U student union.
On Thursday and Friday nights Miranda performed in her school's musical production of "The Pirates of Penzance". They did such a good job and she had a lot of fun doing it. Again, we didn't get many good pictures because you can't take pictures during the performance. But here she is with two good buddies. During the first act she got to wear a really pretty dress. In this photo she's wearing her costume from act 2--a nightgown. I am just glad all the after school practices are over! Tyler:
Tyler went to the regional history fair with his exhibit on Robert F. Scott about a month ago. He did a great job and had fun with it.
Last weekend Tyler had his first scout camp out. His troop went to the sand dunes. Matt got to go with them too. Funny, being from New Mexico I always expect the dunes to be white and get a little bumbed when I see them dull and brown. However, it doesn't matter what color they are...the boys still have a lot of fun playing on them.
Nathan:
Nathan is LOVING school and doing so well at it. Nathan started soccer this week. He had his first game on Wednesday. He ran and ran and even managed to kick the ball a few times. I am sure you will be seeing more photos of Nathan playing soccer.
So, that's what the Hatchlings are up to. As for Matt and me, well, we are trying to keep up with all those kids and activities. Matt is in the midst of training for a speedy St. George Marathon in hopes of qualifying for Boston, so I can go with him this time! And, I guess I have gotten myself locked into training to be a "speedy spaniard". So two weeks in and things are going well. I bought new running shoes tonight so I guess I'm committed.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

"what-snots"!! Ha ha!

Stacey said...

Tell me when it is you sleep? You guys have an awesome family!

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

Sounds like everyone is doing well. WOW how busy are you? You amaze me so much with your blog posts. They are amazing. You get my vote for the best of the week that I have seen! Cute kids too. :)