OK I admit. I have an addiction to these silly Reese's Eggs. I LOVE them. Even looking at the photo is making my mouth water.....probably because I am going through withdrawals. I do enjoy a regular Reese's now and then, but they don't tempt me like the eggs do. It's all that extra peanut butter I guess. Now as most of you know they don't just make them in egg shapes anymore. They make hearts for Valentine's day, pumpkins for Halloween, and trees for Christmas...all of which ARE just as tempting as the egg. Sadly, I ate way too many this Easter season. I can't really tell you how many...not just because it would be embarrassing, but because I honestly don't know. I just know I had to go several times to get replacement packages before Easter. I'm guessing I can contribute a good 5 lbs or more of my weight to these suckers. Sad, yes, I know. But admitting there's a problem is the first step to a solution. Right? So...Hello. My name is Lindy and I have an addiction to Reese's eggs/trees/hearts/pumpkins.Lucky for me (or rather, lucky for my fluffy midsection), they don't make these delectibles between Easter and Halloween. A perfect time to recover from the addiction and get things under control before they hit the shelves again. So how do I propose to do it you might (or might not..) ask? Well, I figure it needed to be something a little drastic. I've tried things that were not so drastic and I can't seem to stick with them. Maybe I won't be able to stick with the drastic plan either, but I'm going to give it a try. So, I have gathered a group of friends and talked them all into running a half marathon with me this fall. Yep....a half marathon and yep...I am NOT the runner in the family...that would be my husband. I have only ran two other races in my life...a 5K at BYU and the Moab Half Marathon in 2005. So, I have run/walked a half marathon before. I know it possible. However this time I am older and a bit more fluffy, it won't be easy, but I am going to try. I will be extremely slow. I know I will do some walking too. I will not run the whole 13.1 miles. Right now I can't run a mile without stopping to walk. Again, sad, I know. I thought posting it on my blog would make it harder for me to back out of it. Now all of you know my plans. I'll have to fess up to you if I don't follow through (all two or three of you who read this anyway...). I started my official training yesterday..so far I am on track. So, that's my plan. Lay off the eggs (and all those other tempting sugar/fats) and be a "Speedy Spaniard" (The race that I will be running is the Spanish Fork Half Marathon on September 5th-- they call it the Speedy Spaniard race..).
So, does anyone else want to join in on the fun?
11 comments:
oh lindy i just don't know... good for you, but i don't know if it would be good for me. not out of the question tho. 5K is more my speed. maybe I'll train for a fast 5K
I have the same blasted addiction! I bought some for my kids for Easter, ate them, bought some more, ate them and then I stopped buying them because I could see the vicious cycle taking over my life :) I'm impressed with your determination...REALLY impressed! I'd like to commit with you but I don't see myself ever following thru with it!
I guess now wouldn't be a great time to give you my fabulous recipe for chocolate peanut butter bars. They're kind of like gold bars but better. Man that's a good combination.
Hilarious blogging about the Reese's. I love those things, too. Luckily, I don't have to have them around the house because the kids are allergic to nuts. I can just eat mine while walking out of the grocery store.
That's tempting to do the half marathon with you in September. Will there be any large ferocious animals chasing us, so I can actually make it 13.1 miles?
Good for you but I won't be joinning you. I leave the running to my crazy sisters.
OH WOW those are the BEST!!!! My mouth too watered just looking at that picture. My favorite though is the Christmas trees. They make double size Christmas trees with double the peanut butter than the eggs. I am in love with them. I don't eat such things anymore though. Almost dying puts things into perspective and I am taking my health much more seriously! Good luck with your training. More power to ya.
Ron, Lisa, Scott, Ryan, Erin, Dad Ron, Sheri and Todd are all running Top of Utah 1/2 on August 29. They are recruiting people. If you don't have anyone to join you in Spanish Fork, come up and join them. I cheer really loud!
Way to go Lindy. I too am a recovering Recess aholic. Pretty much anything Peanut Butter and chocolate. I'm not ready to run a 1/2 for the cause though. Good Luck to YOU though. RaeAnn
Not running that far anytime soon. I bet Matt would run with you.
John
I understand your addiction. That is a tough one. Good luck on breaking your addiction. Also, good luck on your 1/2 marathon. I am training for the Bear Lake 1/2 which is in June. Right now I am icing my knee trying to keep it healthy because it has given me a bit of trouble. Good luck and have fun.
good for you! I know you can do it! I hate running--though I do have a goal to shred 20x in May.
Post a Comment