Friday, April 3, 2009

Where did that come from?

So instead of writing about the blizzard that is going on right now I thought I would take a minute to brag about one of my kids. Several weeks ago Jacob ended up at church with a glob of clay in his pocket...not a surprise really to any one who knows Jacob. So during sacrament he sat and played with the clay. He quickly turned it into this flower:
After we got home he baked it and painted it. It turned out pretty good for something he was just fiddling with.Right now, at home, he is working on another clay creation in his spare time.

It amazes me that this is what he does in his free time. I keep telling him that he needs to take a sculpting class at school, but it's hard to fit it in with all the music classes he's taking. He is such a "right brain" kid. When he was younger he did a lot with clay using idea books. He's making this eagle by looking at photos from different books and magazines about eagles. It's turning out quite well don't you think? I will post it again when he finishes it. So I keep wondering to myself...where did this talent come from? We've decided it didn't come from his parents.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

That is awesome. I don't know where he gets this talent from, but you guys are doing a great job raising him... he is such a cool kid.

Lydia said...

Wow he is really good.

Campbell Clan said...

That is amazing! What a neat talent. I can't wait to see the finished product.

The Hurst Family said...

I've got one like that too. Cammie wants to own a pottery business when she grows up. She and Jacob should compare notes. RaeAnn

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!

Julie Smith said...

That is really cool. It totally beats coloring or playing Tic Tac Toe in church.

Cox Clan said...

How amazing. He has such talent. The eagle is beautiful. I can't wait to see the final product.

Horsley News said...

Wow! Great work Jacob. How much spare time does he put into it anyway. That's not only a talent but an acquired skill too.

John