A few nights ago I stayed up a little too late watching the final 20 songs of the VH1 show "Top 100 one hit wonders from the 80's". And, yes, sadly I spent one or two previous nights watching 100 down to 20---they broke it down to 20 songs a night---in my defence though, I did not watch it ALL. It was fun to hear some songs that I really liked, but are not in my CD collection---because they were "one hit wonders". So what were some of my favorite? Well, of course there's Kajagoogoo's "Too shy, too shy"..who didn't love that? And A-Ha's "Take On Me".....well, I actually liked a lot of them. Jacob was quite impressed when I predicted the #1 "one hit wonder". I actually guessed it because it was a song I really liked and I had not heard them mention it yet---"Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners. Here are my 2 favorite from the top 10. ya gotta love 'em! ahhhh happiness...
Those songs just make me want to dance (I know scary thought right?) What can I say...I am a sucker for 80's alternative music...it really doesn't get much better!
3 comments:
Oh good! We're totally killing the guys next time we play 80's trivia now that you've brushed up on the music.:)
Tainted Love, you can't go wrong with that one. I don't think it gets any better than 80's music. Did you know a song called "Oh Daddy" by Adrian Belew? One of my favorite late 80's songs.
I told Rich Matt's story. He got a kick out of it! Sorry Matt!
I'll melt with you was definately one I played a lot on the radio when I was a d.j. at Orem HS. KOHS fm. 92.1 on the fm dial. Just ask Matt if he remembers listening. Too bad BK used the song in it's commercials.
John
Post a Comment