Monday, December 21, 2009

Clelebrate good times....

I guess that's what we must love to do. We are lucky enough to have a birthday, our anniversary, and Christmas all in one week...like I said we must like to celebrate:)
On Friday Tyler turned 12 and is gearing up to enter the ranks of teenagerhood. He found a way to ..on a non party year... have three "parties". Funny guy. First, he had some friends over after school. They spent most of their time enjoying Tyler's birthday gift--Settlers of Catan.


Then, shortly after that group of friends left, Tyler's cousin Trisitin and his best friend, Cole showed up for a sleepover. Again more Catan and a lot more silliness:) The third leg of his party series will be this Wednesday at Bouncing Off the Walls with 4 friends. Since this is a family party year, Tyler has saved enough of his own money to treat his friends to this fun filed afternoon. It seems as though it will be smiles all around...even for our silly cat:)
I am so thankful Tyler is my son. He is an amazing kid and a great friend. We are so glad to have his silliness and antics in our home. He is well on his way to becoming a wonderful young man. It will be fun to see him grow.
And onto the next celebration...yesterday was our 18th wedding anniversary. Crazy, yes, I know! I have now lived with Matt longer than I lived with my parents. I have such an amazing sweetheart and I love him so. I don't think I could have picked a better husband and father to my kids...and he puts up with me too:) gotta love that:) And look how cute we looked decked out in traditional Chilean garb after an all night flight without any sleep (no, this is not a new adventure..this is just a photo from our adventure 4 years ago)

Again I sit here and think how lucky and blessed I am. What a great, even if busy, season this is.

No comments: