Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Memories: On Basin-A Confession

Since I don't have a lot of time or access to pictures I thought I would just tell a short memory today. At least I'm sharing one this week right? This memory takes place some time during our sojourn on Basin when I was in the first grade, but I'm not sure exactly when. I remember a lot of my friends getting invited to a birthday party that a girl form our school was having. My two best friends, Paula and Kris, were both invited, several classmates, but for some reason not me. I was, of course, pretty sad about this. I don't remember who this girl was that had the party or I would use her name...let's just call her Sally. Who knows maybe she was the other girl in that photo I used when I talked about Paula and Kris and our adventures. I knew where Sally lived...just down the road from me across the street from Paula and Kris. I knew, from asking friends, what time the party started. So, on said party date, about 30 min after said party time, I started walking down the street in search of a friend to play with. To my surprise (wink wink) no one was home. So, I decided to see if Sally could play. I wonder what her mother was thinking when she opened the door and I asked if Sally could play. Laughter? Disdain? Who knows. All I know is my plan was working and I was able to enjoy some of Sally's birthday festivities--without having to bring a gift. I can't remember if I took home a party bag. I can't remember if anyone was mad at me for crashing the party---I was under the guise that I didn't know there was a party going on at the time. I was simply bored and wanted to play. I can't remember if I ever played with Sally again. But, I do remember not feeling the least bit disturbed by being a party crasher. I was just pleased with being able to be at the party with my friends...I should have been invited in the first place!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Love this memory! I would do the same thing! ;)

Stacey said...

Perfect! I love that, invitation or not, you were going. Great post!

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

Good for you Lindy. I love that story. You are right, you should have been invited. YOU ROCK!!! I would have invited you. 13 months til my wedding. I can't wait to see you. Keep your calender open for Friday January 7th, 2011!

Julie Smith said...

Don't get me started on the Darla Brown birthday party debacle of 1981. And I'm happy to name names. :)

angela michelle said...

you sneak!