I am thankful for Thanksgiving weekend! (Ya, I know this is a bit late, but we have been having major computer virus grief. I’m thankful, at least, to be getting this done now!) We had such a grand Thanksgiving weekend…as usual. Matt’s sister Tauna and her family were able to come to town for Thanksgiving which made everything even that much more fun. This year we had Thanksgiving dinner at my sister in law Laura’s house. It was so nice just to bring a few dishes and not have to do everything. Dinner was amazingly delicious. There were about 30 of us there. After dinner we headed to our traditional Thanksgiving movie. This year we were a house divided. Matt and Nathan went to see planet 51, Jacob and Tyler saw 2012, and Miranda and I went to see New Moon. All movies were great! 
Friday-Black Friday- or what we call Pie Day was another great day . I didn’t even wake up until 3:45 am:) Have I ever told you that I love Black Friday Shopping? Even if there aren’t many great deals. I love the people watching opportunities it provides, the crowds, the excitement. All fun. I got decent deals this year. Not everything I wanted, but I still had a lot of fun. I met up with two of my sister in laws, Laura and Esther. We shopped, stopped to have a yummy breakfast at Mimi’s, and then shopped some more. After getting home and taking a quick nap, we headed down to grandma and grandpa’s home in Provo to begin the feasting of pie day. There were tons of pies this year…chocolate cream, razzelberry, pumpkin, chocolate cheesecake, apple, coconut cream, French silk, pecan, banana cream, symphony, cherry, etc. etc. etc. I think Miranda was the pie eating winner….she consumed about 30 pieces in an 8 hour span. Ahhh to be young with a fast metabolism again….. On Friday evening we all got to go to the BYU vs. Weber St. basketball game. We all have so much fun going to BYU games with the cousins. Again a great day in a great weekend.
Nathan with his cousin James
Saturday Matt and Jacob got to go to the BYU vs. U of U football game. While I got to stay and catch up with things around the house, play with the other kids, and watch the game on TV. The BYU/Uof U rivalry is a big deal in Salt Lake County. On the last day of school before the game they always have a day for everyone to wear colors from their team of choice. Everywhere you go on game day people are decked out in red or blue. It's kind of funny. Anyway, the boys had a great time at the game. Even better when BYU finally decided to win the game in overtime!!!!!! Oh HAPPY day!! Lucky Jacob even got to rush the field.
Tyler and his buddy Cole on Wednesday after school. Should i have let Cole into the house?
Jacob and Seth on the field after the game--Happy boys!
So, as you can see it was an amazing weekend of which I am very thankful for. We had some great extended family time, great food, loads of fun…what more can you ask for? I am so blessed. I wish I would have had more time this month to write about all that I have been blessed with in my life, but that doesn’t mean I don’t fully recognize all that has been given to me in my life. I am thankful for my amazing family--all of them, I am thankful for my home and all that is in it. I am thankful for the privileges I have because I am an American citizen. And the list could go on and on. What I am most thankful for though is my testimony of Christ. That He lived. That He still lives and that he knows and loves me and He will always be there for me. What a great blessing that knowledge is..especially heading into this Christmas season.

Friday-Black Friday- or what we call Pie Day was another great day . I didn’t even wake up until 3:45 am:) Have I ever told you that I love Black Friday Shopping? Even if there aren’t many great deals. I love the people watching opportunities it provides, the crowds, the excitement. All fun. I got decent deals this year. Not everything I wanted, but I still had a lot of fun. I met up with two of my sister in laws, Laura and Esther. We shopped, stopped to have a yummy breakfast at Mimi’s, and then shopped some more. After getting home and taking a quick nap, we headed down to grandma and grandpa’s home in Provo to begin the feasting of pie day. There were tons of pies this year…chocolate cream, razzelberry, pumpkin, chocolate cheesecake, apple, coconut cream, French silk, pecan, banana cream, symphony, cherry, etc. etc. etc. I think Miranda was the pie eating winner….she consumed about 30 pieces in an 8 hour span. Ahhh to be young with a fast metabolism again….. On Friday evening we all got to go to the BYU vs. Weber St. basketball game. We all have so much fun going to BYU games with the cousins. Again a great day in a great weekend.
Nathan with his cousin James
Saturday Matt and Jacob got to go to the BYU vs. U of U football game. While I got to stay and catch up with things around the house, play with the other kids, and watch the game on TV. The BYU/Uof U rivalry is a big deal in Salt Lake County. On the last day of school before the game they always have a day for everyone to wear colors from their team of choice. Everywhere you go on game day people are decked out in red or blue. It's kind of funny. Anyway, the boys had a great time at the game. Even better when BYU finally decided to win the game in overtime!!!!!! Oh HAPPY day!! Lucky Jacob even got to rush the field.
Tyler and his buddy Cole on Wednesday after school. Should i have let Cole into the house?So, as you can see it was an amazing weekend of which I am very thankful for. We had some great extended family time, great food, loads of fun…what more can you ask for? I am so blessed. I wish I would have had more time this month to write about all that I have been blessed with in my life, but that doesn’t mean I don’t fully recognize all that has been given to me in my life. I am thankful for my amazing family--all of them, I am thankful for my home and all that is in it. I am thankful for the privileges I have because I am an American citizen. And the list could go on and on. What I am most thankful for though is my testimony of Christ. That He lived. That He still lives and that he knows and loves me and He will always be there for me. What a great blessing that knowledge is..especially heading into this Christmas season.
PS Yeah!!! Mom!! you commented on a post! I love it when blog stalkers finally make a comment:) Ya, you know who you are. Comment already!
5 comments:
Thanksgiving weekend has always been high on my list of favorite holidays. Glad yours was so pleasant. Pie Day rocks! Love, Auntie
great post. Loved every bit of it. <3
wow--what an amazing weekend! I saw new moon with SILs too. I do believe Thanksgiving is all about the pie. Maybe we need to make it official and implement Pie Day around here.
I saw New Moon too and liked it a lot. I made a blog post about it. Some anonymous person was disgusted that I and my readers liked it so much, and wrote a nasty comment. The last thing it said was, "You Mormon women make me sick." I am choosing to respond only by being pleased that someone from Hillsboro, Oregon that I don't even know, took the time to respond to my humble blog so vehemently.
Thanks for letting Cole into the house with his Utes gear on!
Post a Comment