Like I said, if you don't like bragging parents, please don't read this. I just have to take a moment to say kudos to my kids, who, by the way, are AWESOME!!!
Jacob has made it on to the Utah All-State Band. Only 3 kids from Jordan High School were chosen. Jake has also recently taken the ACT for the first time and gotten a 30. Now take note that it is the fall semester of his Junior year. He has plenty of time to take it again--and being a Hatch, he will. Both of these great accomplishments are opening doors for his future and we are very excited for him.
Last week Miranda got inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Yes, that 4.0 GPA will also do her some good:) Miranda also got yet another autograph from David Archuleta on Saturday morning--on his new Christmas CD. She's good at balancing these important things in her life.
Tyler submitted a video for the nationwide PTA reflections art competition. The theme was "Beauty Is...." His video on pinnipeds (seals) won 1st place at his school and he is now going on to the regional level.
As for our little Nathan, he is eating up every minute of first grade. He has an amazing teacher that is pushing them to soak up as much knowledge as they can. He is mastering the art of two and three digit addition, counting money everywhere he goes, and has become the official measurer of ingredients for our family.
I know we are very blessed to have such great kids. Their skills and abilities never cease to amaze me. I am so thankful that they are, so far, choosing a path of happiness and success.
I love you my little chickens!
3 comments:
I love bragging parents stories. Maybe because I love to brag myself. :) Unfortunately, both my boys are currently grounded because their progress reports came back and let's just say they've been goofing around a bit since their last report card came out. Alas! I will have to temporarily live vicariously through you. Wait! Chad just came over and he wants me to tell you that he has already brought his grades all back up. We'll see.
Wow! Those are some amazing accomplishments-- the Rooster & Hen in your house must be doing a great job!! Tell all the kids congrats-- they should be very proud, just like you are!
I would like to say that the kids got some of my gene's, but very doughtful. I will be a braging parent and say that it is my Very Very "AWESOME" DAGHTER, who is the Mother of those Smart kids.
Post a Comment