Thursday, December 17, 2009

Magic Memories

Sorry about the lack of posting. I have been busy making magical memories--I can't do that while on the computer you see. So, the Christmas season is well underway. We've attended concerts, made our gingerbread house, decorated the tree, frosted sugar cookies, had family and work parties, and, of course, bought and wrapped gifts. But I can't write about all that just yet because I haven't gotten to talk about my amazing trip to DC. At the beginning of November I was able to fly to DC to celebrate my "brother" Jerry's 40th birthday. It was the best surprise party I believe I have ever been too. Jerry was blown away by having his best buds all fly in for the occasion--that sister of his is a pretty good party planner. We were all amazed to have everything go as planned without a hitch--especially considering there were people flying in from three different states to two different airports. But it was all worth it just to see this:

Here's the friend gang at the party. It was great fun to see a few good friends that I hadn't seen in a few years.
Me, Travis Christensen, Robert Jolley, Kimberly, Jerry, Brett Brinton and his wife and then some college friends of Jerry.

Me and Kimberly (OK I don't look that great I had to get up at 4am to catch the flight to DC--so I had been traveling all day--my friend on the other hand looks beautiful doesn't she?)My second family(s). I still love it that my two best friends from high school married each other. How handy for me:) The Higginson house and the Morgan house were my homes away form home. Geroge (Jerry's dad) even taught me how to drive.

On Saturday we spent several hours just chatting and reminiscing. After which, a few of us took a walk along the river. It was a beautiful fall day. Here I am with Robert and Jerry.Jerry, Anna-Lisa, Lela, and MeMe and Anna-Lisa--the party planner and my travel buddy. It was great having a friend to talk to on all the long flights we had to take. Ya, she's amazing.Saturday night we got to celebrate another 40th birthday--Brett Brinton's. We all met up a the Cheesecake Factory for another round of celebrating. What fun!

All in all it was a pretty amazing weekend. My cheeks hurt for a week afterwards due to all the smiling I did. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by people you love who love you too. It's wonderful we can all still be a part of each others lives. Aaahhhhh Good times my friends...goood times:) It was a magical memory for sure. Now I know I need to speak more on Christmas and make an adendum to my Chirstmas card, but that will just have to wait for another day.

1 comment: