Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A few things I love about Christmas

I thought I would take a moment to share a few of the things that I love about Christmas. I love driving around and seeing all the Christmas lights and decorations everyone has. It makes it feel like the community is pulling together...we are not all so different and at odds. I love the little traditions that come with Christmas....eating mimi powered doughnuts and drinking hot cocoa. I love pulling out the Christmas tree ornaments. Almost all of them have tender memories with them. And, you know me, I enjoy recollecting them. I love being able to talk about Christ more...seeing all the Nativities...hearing Christ be sung about on the radio....It's so nice to have that be an acknowledged focus. I love watching Christmas movie with my family and friends. I love giving small treasures to friends. I love getting Christmas cards/letters from old friends and far away family. I love baking treats. I love feeling the spirit of Christmas with all the excitement.
Today there is a blanket of snow on the ground. I would love to cuddle up with my kids and a cup of hot cocoa and watch a movie....Sadly, they are at school...poor guys:( Who thought going to school until the 23rd of December was a good idea? Oh well, the Christmas spirit and fun will anxiously wait for them here.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I know your house must be the best of places to grow up. What a woman you are. Love you.