Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Year in Review or Our Christmas Card Letter

Merry Christmas everyone!! Now I'm guessing most of you have received our Christmas card---lame as it was. So, now it's time for me to fill you all in on the year our family has had. First off I just have to say when I realized all the kids were wearing "name brand" shirts in our picture I had to laugh. It makes us look a bit trendy doesn't it. Well, never fear. The Hatches are still not trendy folks (well, maybe Miranda is). Tyler's GAP sweatshirt cost me $3 and Nathan's Oshkosh cost about $5. Still, funny though. So, on our Christmas card I sent you here--to my blog. Why? Because here is where I have recorded our years events. Our comings and goings. Our happys and sads. So, while you are here, take a look around and then come back to visit often:)


So, what have we done all year? It has been a happy year for us. No big unexpected hospital visits, no big traumas, except loosing three pets:( Here's what has brought us all joy this year:


The Family
*Getting two new kitties
*Going to the Oregon Coast and Redwoods
*Camping with family
Matt
*Spring hiking with crampons and an ice ax
*Qualifying for Boston, yet again
*Finally conquering Cascade Peak
Lindy
*Going to DC for Jerry's 40th
*Being a substitute
*Going to St. George with my sister-in-laws
Jacob
*New trombone
*Seattle band tour
*Getting a queen sized bed and mini fridge in his room
Miranda
*David Archuleta
*School plays
*Temple Celebration
Tyler
*scout camp outs
*hangin with friends
*Getting to see so many real seals up close
Nathan
*going to first grade
*fishing with Papa
*soccer


We know our family is blessed. Knowing all of you and having you as family and friends makes our lives that much richer. May you all have a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

we loved getting your card. now if I could do the same for us!!

Julie Smith said...

I love your comment about the kids' clothes. I do the same thing. The kids are very particular about the brands they get so they have to get them from either Savers or if I'm in a really good mood, from Marshalls. Either way, they look way more trendy than they actually are.