Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Boys

Well, now that I’ve posted about all the fun stuff Miranda has been up to lately, I thought I’d provide a quick update on the boys. And can I just interject---I’m loving Pandora! I’m an 80’s alternative JUNKIE!! It’s really helping me be excited about all this updating. That and the hot fudge brownie sundae I just finished eating--a Mother's Day must:)

Nathan:
Well, I did write a lot about Nathan before I took my blogging hiatus, so there’s not much new to report for him. He is getting adjusted to his new school and is making some great friends. Right now at school he is mastering the multiplication tables. He can do 25 facts in 1 minute. Yes, on the path to Hatch smarts:) In March Nathan got to participate in his first Pinewood Derby—always fun for an 8 year old. He is still quite obsessed with Legos and opera singing, especially in the bathroom—the singing that is:) Tyler:
Tyler is keeping busy with all that clarinet playing, saxophone playing, DS playing, middle school work, and tons of hanging out with friends. Being with his group of buddies is where he is the happiest. He has been so lucky to have a great group of friends. He said to me a few weeks ago that he knows who his real friends are by who can tolerate his silliness for more than an hour at a time. Crazy boy. Tyler had his first jazz solo on his sax at a concert in March. I thought it was amazingly brave of him to do so since he had only been playing the instrument for about two and a half months. He did great! Again, we have a video that doesn't do it justice and that I will not be uploading due to the fact that I need to just get this update done…I do not have time to wait 10 hours for the upload. Just believe me it was a jazzy solo:) Jacob:
Now, Jacob is the busy one with senioritis galore. He is getting quite excited about BYU this fall. Yep, he made it in. WAHOO!! He will be living in Heritage Halls-the dorms with a kitchen. In March he went on an amazing trip to Boston with the band. He got to see the Mary Poppins musical and the Blue Man Group. They ate at some amazing restaurants and did a city tour and a tour of Harvard not to mention all that subway riding. Oh, and they did get to play their instruments—for at least an hour—enough to officially call it a band trip;) His trombone solo made it on to the state competition and his trombone ensemble (him and 3 other trombonist) got all 1’s at the state competition. He is going to prom next Saturday and graduates on June 7th. He finally got a job. He will spend the summer working in the lawn garden center at Smith’s. Here is where his latest news comes from. On Monday night at work he broke his thumb trying to catch a large tipping cart. Needless to say it was too big/heavy for him to stop and ended up going down with it and breaking his thumb in the process. We go to the hand surgeon on Tuesday to find out what needs to be done to fix it. Badge of honor for a teenage boy to have a broken bone—he just needs to come up with a better story—ya know a grizzly attack or 360’s on a snowboard—something better than trying to catch flowers:)



2 comments:

Audrey said...

I love all your posts. It's so fun to hear what you guys are up to. It was so great to see you a few weeks ago, just wish it had been longer. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Stacey said...

Nice job getting caught up! Things look good and I love what you said about Tyler and his group of friends. They are lucky to have each other!