Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dishes

Good afternoon from Seattle! Well, at least it feels like Seattle. It's been raining for a good week and a half here. We did have one beautiful spring day- Saturday- but the rain quickly came back. The sun is suppose to come back by tomorrow. We'll see. It has made the grass incredibly green and the flowers are finally coming out. It's also extended our soup season.



I love making homemade soup and bread sticks or french bread. When it's cooler outside I find myself baking. This week I've made one batch of french bread, one batch of zucchini bread--I've got to use up what's in the freezer before I start to put more in--, potato cheese soup, homemade chicken noodle soup--the kind that heals-from cooking the whole chicken to make the broth (we needed some healing here, but that's for another post). I even made chile rellenos and gorilla poops this week. I love sitting at the dinner table surrounded by my family. We are going a hundred miles an hour, but for just a bit, it stops... as we sit around the table to eat. Oh yes, there is still fighting, still kids who will not sit by another kid, and some who still don't eat the food, but it's still something we do most every night. Sadly though, there is one drawback to all this cooking--the dirty dishes.

When I make bread/bread sticks I use the BOSCH and my baking stones, when I make soup I use the big pot and usually the mixer. Yep, all those big-can't fit or shouldn't go in the dishwasher dishes. No fun for me you'd guess. Well, no. You see I'm one of the lucky ones. I rarely do dishes. My sweet Matt does...with (occasional) help from the kids. After dinner I go relax while Matt and the kids clean up. I use to wash all the hand washing dishes, I don't really mind them, but about a year ago Matt said he would take over that job too. I gladly relinquished. So, through the winter, when I'm baking and making so much from scratch, Matt spends about an hour--almost every night--doing the dishes.
So, sweetie, thank you! Thank you for this nice stack of dishes.--Yep, He's a keeper:)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I agree with what you said about Seattle and the extended soup season. Geez! You are right on that Matt is a keeper! You are a great couple!