Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Music Man

Well we might not have 76 trombones, but we do have two and he thinks he needs a new one to start high school with. Well, they are the best instrument after all! The end of the school year is a busy time for Jacob --well for all of us actually! Jacob has had several concerts. He has had a great year -- him and his trombone. He has been a member of the Jordan Youth Symphony, been in the school's symphonic band and jazz band, and he has had a great opportunity to be in a real jazz band. Here's a link to that bands website--there are even pictures of Jacob.

http://www.reunionbandslc.com/

He is looking forward to playing with the high school jazz band. He had a fun experience a month or two ago when a few high schools were trying to "recruit" him to their bands. I'm not sure where he got the talent from..definitely not from me..could be some from Matt though. It's hard for me to believe that I have a kid getting ready to start high school (and drive and dare I say it..date???). Maybe it's so strange because I can remember those days just like they were last month. It's amazing how those years can influence the rest of your life---at least for mine they did. You know some of my closest friends were band "geeks". I am truly happy/lucky to be raising one now!


Jacob at his last school concert




Jacob and some of his "band geek" friends... said with much love of course!



4 comments:

Kimberly said...

We prefer "nerds" to geeks now. Get with it Lindy.

Lindy said...

ya I guess they are nerds 'cause they are always a bit brainy too.

angela michelle said...

Jacob is definitely an accomplished young man. Plus he's *pleasant*--which is a total bonus!

Jan T. said...

What? Dating? No way - we're not that old are we!? I'm with you, it still feels like yesterday that we were all in high school! Jacob sounds like a good kid...keep us posted on the dating days - I'll learn vicariously through you!:) I'm still a good three years away!