
I just finished reading the book Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate. It was a great book that really made you stop and reflect on your life. It's about a young mother who ends up taking care of her aging grandmother. It made me feel much better about my flower beds that are growing wild with weeds and grass-sadly they are not the priority right now. Here's my favorite quote from the book:
"The secret to a happy life is not in getting what you want. It is in learning to want what you get. Don't waste your time crying over what you're not given. When you have tears in your eyes, you can't see all the beautiful things around you."
The book is filled with little nuggets of good, positive advice. Now if I can only put it all into use......
2 comments:
Yahoo! I'm soooo happy you're blogging! Cute family! I'll love to check in on you now!
Love ya,
Jan
Well, dang! I was going to share my favorite quote from this book but I can't find my book. We're moving and I purposely left it out because a friend and I were going to discuss it. Anyway, you are so right - this book is full of golden nuggets. If you haven't read "The Shack" by William Young, you might enjoy that one, too.
Post a Comment