Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Retreat!

Yeah!! A weekend get-a-way to Park City!!! Once a year my high school friend Anna-Lisa invites me and a few other lucky ladies to spend the weekend at her families condo in Park City. A scrapbooking weekend!! Something I am always looking forward too. So, this weekend I got some much needed "me "time...and I was productive too. Bonus! I'm so on top of it that I was actually able to get all my Christmas cards made. Yeah!! (Now don't talk to me about my ever growing laundry piles, my dirty kitchen floor.....I'm not on top of everything...just my Christmas cards. They are much more fun to deal with than dirty toilets ans clothes!) So now if I can manage to get a family photo and brief message in them you all might actually get a card from me this year. With all the fall birthdays, holidays, and our anniversary, I thought I'd have a better chance at actually sending them
out if I got them done now.
We ate lots of
yummy treats...more then was really necessary. Watched movies. And stayed up way to late. The 4 on that clock is not PM it was taken in the AM. You know there's going to be a problem when you don't even start the movie until after 1 am. We also listened to general conference. It was great to be able to listen to it with out munchkins interrupting. I even got to see my nephew who was singing in the choir a few times. Ummm it was a very refreshing weekend. Thanks Anna-Lisa!!

3 comments:

Jan T. said...

Yeah for "you" time! Sounds fun! Have you recovered?? :) Hope I get one of those cute Christmas cards!

Nic said...

So jealous!! I love friend weekends!

Anonymous said...

Back at the home base, we were glad you had fun and got some time off, but also glad to get you back home Saturday night.