So, I've got all the kids set with lots of good books this summer, but not sure what to read myself. During the school year I read a lot of Young Adult books because I am on the literature selection committee for the junior high. So, I'm at a little bit of a reading lull. I'm re-reading some classics while I search out some new books. So, I need your suggestions. What should I read this summer? Have you got any other great series that your kids just love? Fill me in. I'm anxiously awaiting your ideas!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
The reading bug!
So, I've got all the kids set with lots of good books this summer, but not sure what to read myself. During the school year I read a lot of Young Adult books because I am on the literature selection committee for the junior high. So, I'm at a little bit of a reading lull. I'm re-reading some classics while I search out some new books. So, I need your suggestions. What should I read this summer? Have you got any other great series that your kids just love? Fill me in. I'm anxiously awaiting your ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lindy-One of my favorite light reading series is by a christian writer named Dee Henderson. I really like her O'Malley series. There are 6 of them plus a prequel. It's about a group of orphans who become a family and in each book one of them becomes a christian. I'll try to come up with some other favorites. I'd love suggestions from you as well as a good book is one of my joys in life.
My boys love the magic treehouse. Enjoy reading.
Lindy, Trevor's favorite series is "The Alcymyst, the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel" I wanted him to read "To kill a mockingbird" and he said he would if I read his favorite. Needless to say I have read the "Alcymyst" and the "Magician" He still hasn't finished "To Kill a Mockingbird". It is a quick read.
Oh I love it when they hit those Magic Treehouse books! We're planning on making this Levi's summer of Magic Treehouse books. And then there's the summer of Harry Potter...
Post a Comment