Saturday, October 10, 2009

17! Really?

Today my "little guy" turned 17. Boy time is flying by. Again this year he didn't spend a lot of time home on his birthday. Today he went to Homecoming (yes, again) for Hillcrest. Kalen asked him a few weeks ago by giving him a birthday pinata filled with candy and a note that said "Even though it's your birthday, will you go with me to Homecoming". He was excited to get to spend the day hanging out with friends from junior high. He felt pretty stylin' in his vest and suit jacket. He does look pretty handsome..if you ask me:) At my insistence, they texted me this photo form Kalen's house just before they went to dinner.

So, he is hopefully having a great birthday. For his "big" birthday gift this year he got a harmonica. Just today he has already learned a few songs on it. You'll want to have him at your campground for sure. Ria, tell Ron that "Home on the Range" is at the top of his "to learn" list:)


Last year I went on and on about how awesome Jacob is. I won't repeat it here because it all still stands. Jacob is an easy going, high achieving, musical kid that is easy to get along with.
Matt and I are so glad he is our son!
Happy Birthday Jacob! We love you!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I LOVE the picture of Jacob in his vest and tie. Wow! Handsome fella! I hope he has a wonderful year.

josie said...

Jacob is great! I remember the day he was born quite well. We kept calling your hospital room, probably bugging the heck out of you. We couldn't wait for our first nephew! And now he is 17!?!